Progression of Bone Loss
Your teeth are very important to your oral health. A lack of stimulation in the jaw bone because of missing teeth can cause the jaw bone to deteriorate. This is why dental implants are often a preferred method for replacing missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the most versatile options for replacing missing teeth and can be effective for replacing a single or multiple missing teeth. We have found that many patients with dentures end up switching over to dental implants to improve their comfort level and enjoy a better quality of life. Dental implants can preserve your aesthetic appearance while preventing bone loss.
Dental Implant Function & Durability
- Titanium construction – titanium is naturally compatible with the body, which allows the implant to fuse with the jaw bone.
- Stability – dental implants function just like the root of the tooth and provide a secure fit.
- Replace more than one tooth – we can replace a single missing tooth or several missing teeth with dental implants.
- High success rate – with proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Preserves jaw bone – dental implants stimulate the jaw bone just like your real teeth so there is less risk of your jaw bone deteriorating.
Benefits of Dentures
- Made with non-compatible materials – dentures are made of cast metal, plastic, and acrylic. These are non-compatible materials and can irritate the gum tissue.
- Instability – dentures can move around and impair your chewing abilities.
- Replace some or all teeth – dentures are only placed when several or all teeth are missing.
- Replacement needed – dentures may eventually need to be refitted or replaced.
- Contribute to bone loss – wearing dentures can cause jaw bone loss over time because the jaw bone does not receive stimulation.
For more information about the benefits and advantages of dental implants versus dentures, don’t hesitate and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Dhillon and Dr. Seddon today!
Both Dr. Dhillon and Dr. Seddon are highly experienced with dentures and dental implants and happy to answer any questions new or existing patients in West Vancouver and North Vancouver may have about dentures or dental implants or any other cosmetic or general dentistry procedures.