Family, cosmetic & implant dentist
Dr. Tina takes great pride in delivering the highest level of personal care to her patients in the most gentle way. In her first year at Dundarave Dental, word quickly spread in the quiet water-front community of Dundarave Village about her “no-pain” freezing technique creating a buzz amongst new and existing patients alike. Dr. Tina strives to make each patient visit their most comfortable experience while ensuring they leave with a smile.
Dental education & training
As an American trained dentist, Dr. Tina graduated with Honors from Boston University in 2007 after completing a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Western Ontario and post graduate studies at the University of British Columbia. She continues her advanced learning in areas of cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry, dental implant surgery, CAD/CAM restorative dentistry and root canal therapy to ensure her patients receive the highest level of dental care in this ever-changing world.
Dental Implant surgery training
Since 2017, Dr. Tina has attended a monthly Dental Implant Study Club where she participates in advanced dental implant surgeries under the guidance of industry-leading dental implant surgery specialists. In addition, Dr. Tina completed the AAID Vancouver MaxiCourse®, an Advanced Dentistry Program for Dental Implant Surgery in 2017 and also attended the Kois Center, an Advanced Graduate Level Training Program for smile design and full-mouth rehabilitation in Seattle, WA in 2019.
Advanced techniques & technology
At Dundarave Dental, Dr. Tina prides herself in using the most advanced techniques in dentistry including laser dentistry and utilizing the latest technology to perform cosmetic procedures including an iTero scanner to help patients visualize how their teeth may look after completion of Invisalign® treatments to achieve their perfect smile.
Canada & USA dentistry experience
Prior to returning to Metro Vancouver in 2013, Dr. Tina practiced dentistry in Santa Barbara, California for over five years and gained valuable experience in cosmetic, aesthetic and implant dentistry. Before joining Dundarave Dental in 2016, Dr. Tina practiced general and family dentistry in the quiet seaside community of Steveston in Richmond, BC for a few years.
Dr. Tina was born and raised on Vancouver Island but after living in America for almost ten years, returning to Metro Vancouver in 2013 was a dream come true. Dr. Tina now resides with her husband and young daughter in both West and South Vancouver and enjoys taking in outdoor activities with her family including roller-blading the Stanley Park and False Creek sea-wall and hiking the local trails and mountains when not practicing dentistry.
Advanced education in dentistry
Advanced Endodontic Training
- The Art of Endodontics – with Dr. Stephen Buchanan of The Art Training Institute, in Santa Barbara, CA (2008)
Dental Implant Surgeries
- Hands on Training Institute – in Yorba Linda, California (2009)
- Mini Implant Residency – an eight-day course with Prosthodontist and early pioneer of implant dentistry, Dr. Ken Hebel (2009)
- AAID Maxicourse – with the Department of Dentistry, UBC (2016-2017)
- Implant Study Club – with Dr. Lyle Pidzarko learning advanced Surgical Techniques and Implantology (beginning in 2017)
Clear Braces / Orthodontics – Invisalign® and iTero technology
- Invisalign Study Club and Advanced Orthodontic training – with Dr. Chad Wright in Santa Barbara (2009-2014)
- Propel Accelerated Orthodontic Technique – with Dr. Anna Berik (Elite Premier Provider, Boston)
- Advanced Closing Techniques with Invisalign®, top 1% – with Dr. David Galler of the Galler Group
- Advanced Botox Workshop – with Dr. Martin Braun, MD of the Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre, Vancouver (2014)
Occlusion and Dental Functionality
- Kois Centre – with Dr. John Kois (beginning in 2019) Monthly Study Groups. Related courses with this Centre include:
- Treatment Planning & Functional Occlusion – a five-day program
- Advanced Functional Occlusion – Complex Restorative Management – a three-day program exploring the biologic principles involved in developing a functional occlusion contributing to the longevity of restorative treatment choices
Cosmetic Dentistry and Dental Aesthetics
- Advanced Anterior Composites: Developing your artistic abilities to create life-changing smiles – with Dr. Daniele Larose of Clinical Research Dental and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Cosmetic Dentistry Continuing Education – aesthetic veneer & crown design with renowned cosmetic dentists in Southern California
CAD/CAM Scanner Training
- CEREC Training – with Patterson Dental in providing in-office prosthetic options since 2013
- iTero Scanner – attendance at regularly scheduled training sessions since 2013
If you have any specific questions or concerns, you can submit them online on our CONTACT US page and a member of our dental staff will respond back to you. If you prefer to speak with Dr. Tina Dhillon directly, you can call 604.922.0144 to book a consultation as she will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to your next visit with us!
Diane, Assistant to Dr. Tina Dhillon, DMD
DR. TINA DHILLON: FAMILY, COSMETIC, IMPLANT & INVISALIGN DENTIST